12 April 2007

Not a T-Rex this time!

Hurrah! Passover has ended! I spent the last few days of the holiday sick, which was terrible, because who wants to be sick on vacation AND when you can't even have chicken noodle soup? In addition, I suffered a terrible bout of insomnia on Sunday night, which also cut into my vacation enjoyment. Between 12 am and 6am Monday morning, I did some of a crossword puzzle, read the newspaper online, read creepy religious blogs, and freaked myself out thinking we had bedbugs. Mostly though I lay awake in bed or on the sofa (depending on where I thought the bedbugs were) repeating the Golden Girls theme song and wishing I had 3 elderly roommates and cheesecake to keep me occupied. At 4:30 am I drank some port, which is what my grandmother does when she can't sleep (except she drinks Maneschewitz). Javert will tell you that I freaked out as he was leaving for work on Monday morning. I don't know if I've ever cried out of sheer exhaustion before.

Tuesday I celebrated the end of Passover by going to Le Pain Quotidien and taunting myself with glimpses of what I could eat later on in the day (I had a salad there.) Then I went shopping for ladies undergarments.

Can I just say that I will no longer be shopping at Victoria's Secret? How can a store this big and with so many locations not have ladies undergarments in my size? Not to brag (or complain, it depends on how you see it), but I do share 'certain' attributes with the models they feature in catalogues and on billboards. How come they can't accommodate people like me? Am I really that freakish? I went to two other ladies shoppes along Broadway and found a great selection in my size. For around the same price too!

The only downside of shopping at these other stores is the return policy--at one shop you can return only for store credit, and the other will give a refund only within 15 days. They also note that items with animal hair on them will not be accepted for return. Of course when I got home and put my purchases on the bed for further inspection the cats went STRAIGHT for the items from this store, as if they knew (maybe the store sprays eau d'catfood around?). This is a weird policy, because wouldn't you be MUCH MUCH MUCH more disturbed if your new undergarments had human hair on them?

Here are some photos from our Easter dinner Sunday night. Do you see how artistic my eggs were? The ones in the top say "Zolie" and "Paxwell" on the other sides. I must have been overcome with a pre-insomnia burst of artistic talent, because usually everything I draw looks like a dinosaur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home