13 March 2007

Last night he dreamed that he was being chased by lions!

I occasionally have dreams where I'm really, really mad at Javert, so angry that I try to hit him, but in dreams (and probably in real life too) my punches won't work and I can't ever hurt him. Then I wake up and have to remind myself that I'm not actually mad at him, that it was all just a dream and that I should be nice to him when he wakes up. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. Unfortunately I have been known to start the day angry at poor Javert for something that he didn't even do.

The other night he had a dream where he was angry at me! I can't remember why, but it was nice to be on the other end for once. Because Javert gets upset when I tell him that I wanted to kill him in my dreams, and now
I had the right to be upset. I have to admit that it did feel a little weird to know he had been angry, even if it wasn't real.*

*This reminds me of my imaginary conversations with people sitting next to me on the subway, and how I get into fights with them (in my mind) and then glare at them until my stop. Sometimes I talk to them (in my mind) but my body doesn't realize that the conversation isn't real, and my hands move as if I'm speaking. People must think I'm crazy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes! I tried to explain the whole getting mad at people in dreams thing to some friends here, and they thought I was totally insane.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home