25 January 2006

Nightly News

Good news everyone! Paxwell's biopsy came back negative for cancer. The lump was actually composed of FAT. I really wish I'd asked the vet to save it---how cool would it be to see a big ball of cat fat?

In other news...no, wait, I don't have any other news.

Instead: Here are some 'exciting' things that have happened to me this week:

1. My mom finally mailed me the bra I left at her house over Christmas. I'm very happy, because having it doubles my collection of wearable bras. Not that I don't wear the "unwearable" ones, because I do, but they start to inflict pain after a few days. I can't seem to find a way to make even the fancy ones last longer than a few months. And I just don't understand how such a basic item can be so expensive and also so crappily made. I've even gotten custom-made bras tailored just for me, and they STILL fall apart quickly.

2. Javert baked chocolate chip walnut cookies after I casually mentioned that he might want to consider doing so. He put in too many eggs by accident, so we doubled the batch and now have a cookie log in the freezer! Therefore I removed (permanently) the emergency reserve pilsbury cookie dough log from the fridge. I'll thank you never to speak of it again.*

3. A friend, Javert and I made the meatloaf recipe featured in this month's Cook's Illustrated. It was delicious. Honestly, I thought it was better than the cookies.

4. I bought a pair of poultry shears so I can butterfly chicken. I wonder what sort of scary fantasies I'll have about that?

I have nothing to report because classes started last week and I've been busy reading. The professor had apparently assigned reading for the first class, which of course no one did since we hadn't had the class yet (duh). So he just added it on to the assignment for this week. Last night I fell asleep reading on the sofa at 7:30.

*I know! Why was this even in the fridge? How did I come to ever own such a thing? We bought it at the beach in September, because we wanted some hot cookies and couldn't bring ourselves to buy all the ingredients that go into normal cookies just to have to leave them in a beach apartment for 6 months. Once we tasted it, we immediately realized our mistake, but kept the remains of the log just in case. Javert once made 1 cookie using it, late at night after he'd eaten every other sweet thing in the apartment except raisins.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh man. What I wouldn't give for a log of cookie dough RIGHT NOW. Will Javert make me chocolate chup walnut cookies when I get back?? Please? WILL I EVER HAVE A COOKIE AGAIN?

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you find me some chocolate chups I will. Must be a Hawaiian thing.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

i knew you wouldn't let that one go. how about if i bring you some lilikoi curd from this weeks 101cookbooks? and the chups, of course.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home