27 February 2006

M, Making Macaroni

I can't believe I am so gross sometimes!

On Friday night Javert and I went out to dinner and then to our friends house to hang out. I'd eaten a ton at dinner, so I passed on the mini-cheesecakes offered for dessert. When we got home at 1 or 2, I was horrified to find that I NEEDED to have some Easymac. Why? I have no idea. All I know is I needed it SO BADLY and was not pleased when the bodega didn't carry it. All the supermarkets were closed since they suck and the closest thing I could find at the bodega were cheese nips. Unacceptable. I thought for a while about breaking into my emergency Cheetos supply but knew that I wouldn't be satisfied even if I gorged myself, and that I'd never be able to purchase a resupply (I didn't buy the emergency pack either, I conned my brother-in-law into doing it). I would have totally depleted my emergency supply in a non-Cheetos emergency.


So instead I ate something inferior that I can't remember now and went to sleep. I got up bright and early to work with the CSL, went to the farmers market and purchased some excellent zucchini turnovers, homemade doughnuts, and apple-corn salsa, and got on the subway to come home.

The stupid weekend subway took hours to come, and I was really hungry and thirsty. But I was determined to find Easymac, which I still desperately needed despite having purchased delicious and fresh farmers market food. At 96th street I should've gotten out of the train and walked to Gristedes, gotten my fix, and walked the rest of the way home. But I was tired and opted to wait for 20 minutes for the local train. 20 minutes! Then I went to D'agostino, the worst supermarket in the world, where they make foodstamps users go in a separate line and where all transactions must take at least 15 minutes (I'm totally serious here), to buy my Easymac. This 4.99 purchase took approximately 20 minutes also, even though I was in the express line and the 5 people in front of me each had only 3 items. I don't know how a supermarket can be so disfunctional and still be in business (oh wait, I do know. When there aren't any normal supermarkets for a half mile radius in Manhattan, the one remaining market can be as shitty as they want and still have customers.)


Anyway, I went home finally and made my Easymac and it was SO GOOD and I've been thinking of making more ever since. That's what happens when you eat preservative laden crap--you get addicted. Did I eat my zucchini turnover or the doughnut or the salsa? No. (ok, I ate the salsa. It went well with the easymac.)


Can you believe it? Who knows what might come next--perhaps I'll bring some Lunchables to work tomorrow. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home