01 December 2005

Back to the Beginning

This morning, standing in line to buy coffee at the coffee cart, I noticed that the man in front of me looked kinda sketchy. He was wearing a tan trench coat with the collar turned up, and then he turned around a little and I saw that half of his face was all scarred, like he'd had a skin graft. Clearly he was a spy! This was proved when he did some sort of trade-off with the coffee cart guy--seriously, he said "Hi, I'll have coffee and a glazed doughnut...and I have something for you," and then handed him something with his money. I hope this post doesn't blow his cover!

In real news, why was I even in line to get coffee at the coffee cart (as I am sure you asked yourself already). Because no one started the espresso maker this morning, that's why. The alarm went off at 7:18, I finally forced Javert to get up at 8:15, and he just didn't start the machine. This is because he got a new job, at a place that has free espresso at all times of day (No, it's not Starbucks. Nice try though.) Yesterday we woke up way too late to make coffee, so he had his espresso at work, and I guess he got used to it.

I said to him, "Why didn't you make the coffee?" And do you know what he said?? He said "Cause you woke me up so late."*

This is proof that I am indeed his mother (god help me) and that if I wish to proceed with my plan from my first post, which he now knows about, I'd still have no trouble at all.

*my response to this was What the Fuck, or something along those lines. It was a completely different sounding What the Fuck from the one I repeatedly recorded into my computer last night while testing its recording device.

I'd say it was more angry-sounding, as if someone just realized she'd have to wait 45 minutes to have any caffeine, and that said caffeine would come in the form of coffee. Which would, unlike the gentle soothes of espresso, wreak havoc on both her bladder and her bowels.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

oh, that's pretty incredible. i love it.

6:39 PM  
Blogger kris said...

Ratfoot = espresso loving + MacGyver watching. This promises to be a very interesting site . . . :)

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, some real down and dirty domestic strife. Now this is interesting.

And I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised to see how well Ratfoot is flourishing. I admit, I doubted it would be so. Clearly I underestimated you.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home